When I'm meal planning, I struggle to come up with side dishes to round out a meal. With little ones, just getting anything on the table feels like a huge accomplishment! (Side note: I think a really good challenge for a cooking show would be for the chefs to cook a meal and keep a gaggle of kids happy at the same time. Ha!)
This isn’t really a recipe, just an idea for those of you who might also share the same side-dish struggle. It is simple, yummy, and nutritious—the flavors are just really good together. Maybe you can find your snow peas at a farmer’s market this time of year. This side dish takes just a few minutes of prep time and cooks alongside your meat on the grill, so cleanup is easy, too. A win-win in my book. Give it a try next time you grill!
Grilled Snow Peas and Onions
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Rinse snow peas and pull out the strings.
- Slice onion.
- Add snow peas and onion to a bowl.
- Drizzle with oil—I used avocado oil, but olive oil is also great.
- Season with sea salt and pepper. I added a bit of Lawry’s seasoning salt, too.
- Toss everything together and add to a grill basket.
- Grill the vegetables for about 15 minutes on med-high heat, stirring occasionally.
I made these right next to my burgers and the timing was just about the same for the meat and the veggies. I like a little char on my grilled foods, so watch your veggies and take them off earlier if they are getting too “done” for your taste. Enjoy this taste of summer!