we finished this renovation in august 2010. as for sharing pictures, better late than never, right?
this bathroom used to be a bedroom. and the old bathroom is now our connected master closet. did you follow that? ;) here's a picture of the bedroom that became our master bath.
we ripped up the carpet on the second night we owned the house, back in the winter of 2009.
we designed the layout of the bathroom ourselves with help from ben's dad. at first we were going to try to squeeze in a tub, but we realized we aren't really tub people and decided on a nice big shower instead. (staying on top of cleaning the grout can be tough, but i've had great success with basic h from shaklee—which i use all over our house—and mr. clean magic erasers for tile and grout!)
here are our sources in case any of you locals are curious.
- cabinetry: designed cabinets
- countertops: corian in glacier white from nu shapes construction
- tile: marble mosiac and white ceramic penny and wall tiles from kate-lo tile and stone
- glass shower enclosure: designed glass
- fixtures: delta, kohler, and moen (menards and home depot)
- mirrors: ikea
- paint color: benjamin moore palladian blue
- more on the diy artwork here.