headboard project: day two

great news: the headboard is finished, and in less than a week! well, actually, we haven't attached it to the wall yet, but i'm still counting it as done. i'm so pleased with the results!

after the wood parts were finished, i added the foam layer by cutting it with a serrated kitchen knife and gluing it down with 3M spray adhesive. i found this egg crate foam for a good price at target.

[i actually ended up flipping the foam to egg-side-out.] then, i used extra-thick upholstery batting to wrap up the whole thing. the last step was fabric.

final shots coming soon!